Chamber legal expenses, insurance and helpline
Providing fully paid Members of Ayrshire Chamber with FREE unlimited access to qualified advice - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week...
Legal Advice Line CALL 029 21 157 571 - Select option 1 for Scottish Specific Legal Advice
When calling you will be asked to provide:
- your name
- company name
- your membership
- Chamber name
What would happen if you were faced with an escalating personnel issue, the threat of litigation or a health and safety problem? Do you have the expertise in all these fields to protect your business?
As a fully paid Member of the Chamber you can gain access to 'Chamber Advice Line'.
This service is provided by Composite Legal Expenses Ltd., a leading national consultancy that is endorsed by the BCC and is committed to reducing the burdens of dealing with the regulations facing businesses today.
Providing confidential advice on a range of legal and accountancy matters:
- Commercial Law
- Employment Law
- Health & Safety Legislation
- Environmental Health
- Tax & VAT Issues
- Construction Safety
- Direct access to professional advice 24 hours a day
- Free help and advice irrespective of the number of calls made
- Expert advice available on the telephone whenever a problem arises
- Exclusive service, tailored to Chamber Members
- Guaranteed quality service from a national provider
How do you take advantage of this unique offer?
Legal Expenses Insurance.
Providing FREE legal expenses cover for members of Ayrshire Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
Running a business without commercial legal expenses insurance is a risk you can't afford to take.
With legal fees of around £150 per hour and with compensation awards for unfair dismissal achieving up to £65,000, now is the time to act - and there couldn't be a better time.
Ayrshire Chamber has teamed up with Composite Legal Expenses to offer cover free of charge. Composite Legal Expenses Ltd, is a leading national consultancy, which is endorsed by the British Chambers of Commerce, with terms underwritten by Groupama Insurance Company Limited.
- Employment related claims
- Prosecutions brought against your business
- Personal injury claims
- Business monitoring
- Landlord disputes
- Immediately available to paid up members
- Cover for up to £100,000 in legal fees
- Cover for up to £65,000 of awards
Composite Legal introduced an enhancement of the service which came into effect on 1st June 2015.
The changes are:
- Excess - Removal of the £1,000 policy excess (or £800 for employment claims) so members will no longer have to pay anything should they have to make a claim
- Claim limits - An increase in the limit that a member can claim to £100,000 per claim and £1,000,000 per member per annum
- Policy - A new simplified and easier to understand Policy Wording, which can be found below
- Advice Line - The introduction of geographic telephone number 029 21 157
571 to replace the 0871 number for members to call to access the
Chamber Legal Advice Line